Terms and Conditions
- The client accepts that firm quotations can only be given against documents seen in their entirety. Other quotations are provisional and are subject to written confirmation when the material has been seen in full.
- Work will not commence on any commission until written instructions to proceed have been received. For long assignments an estimated lower and upper limit for the fee may be agreed on sight of the work in full. At a mutually agreed point during the assignment a revised fee will be negotiated. Further work on the assignment will not commence until the revised fee has been accepted in writing.
- Work undertaken at short notice, over weekends, or during the night will be charged at a higher rate.
Method of work
- The work will be carried out without supervision by the client, who will not provide equipment or determine the time and place the work shall be done.
- If meetings are required, the time (at the current rate for editing) and reasonable expenses incurred will be reimbursed by the Client.
- Content created in the agreed process will be the copyright of the Client, unless otherwise agreed.
- The Client’s instructions, including a style guide if applicable, must be given in writing prior to the commencement of the work.
- No responsibility is accepted for any errors, ambiguity, or lack of clarity in the original material supplied, or the consequences thereof.
- If an assignment has been accepted but is cancelled prior to its actual commencement a cancellation fee of 50% of the fee will be charged.
- Once the work has commenced the cancellation fee will be the full amount for the work completed and 50% of the remaining quotation.
- While every effort is made to carry out contracts, no responsibility can be taken for variation or cancellation owing to acts of God or illness. In such an event the Client will be notified as soon as possible to explain the circumstances. The Client may cancel the assignment, and the fee will be the full amount for the work completed.
- Assignments can be refused for any reason. Termination will occur without further notice if any part of an assignment appears to contain defamatory matter, breach any contract, moral rights, duties of confidence, constitute contempt of court, or breach of any provision of any statute or any statutory regulations.
- The right is reserved to terminate an assignment without further notice if it is delivered late and the deadline is not extended appropriately by the Client.
- Smaller jobs involve a disproportionate amount of administration, so the minimum charge for a job will be £50 for clients based in the UK.
- Bank charges for payments from overseas can be as much as £25, so the minimum charge for non UK clients will be £100.
- The Client agrees to pay in full for work done 30 days from the date of the invoice.
- Payments will be made to The Proof Angel.
- Interest will be charged on late payments at 8% over the “reference rate” using the calculator at http://payontime.co.uk/.
- Queries on invoices should be raised within 7 days.
- The Client accepts that in the event of late payment the matter may be referred to a debt collection agency and / or legal proceeding will be taken.
These terms and conditions form a binding contract which shall be interpreted in accordance with English law.